Reuse Your Content
You may find yourself struggling to develop content for your readers. While it’s important to provide fresh content for your readers as well as for your SEO efforts, there is nothing wrong with reusing past content. Need some convincing? Lets take a look at the premise for The Force Awakens. WARNING SPOILER ALERT:
- The new entry takes place 30 years after Return of the Jedi
- The surviving factions Galactic Empire have formed a new military threat called The First Order.
- The First Order has developed a weapon of mass destruction called the “Star Killer Base,” which is capable of destroying entire planets.
- A small military force called The Resistance seeks to destroy the new weapon and defeat The First Order.
- One of the commanding Generals of The First Order is a mysterious lightsaber-weilding masked villain.
Does any of this sound familiar to you? The premise of the new entry is more or less a rehash of the original Star Wars Movie. The Rebel Alliance was attempting to destroy Empire’s weapon, The Death Star. Also, the new villain, Kylo Ren, looks oddly similar to Darth Vader.
When developing a content strategy, you may find yourself with limited resources, which may prevent you from constantly developing new content. If you had past content that was very popular, there is nothing wrong with re-purposing it by updating it with new and additional information. If it worked once, it will surely work again.
Similarly, while the premise of The Force Awakens seems to be following the concept of A New Hope, it will surely add a few new twists, which will satisfy loyal fans.