We pride ourselves on staying on top of trends that impact our clients, one of which is the rise of video content. Video is a great way to engage your target audience and the results are measurable. It is crucial to define a video strategy prior to filming to ensure that your content delivers the highest ROI possible. Since we are a digital marketing agency, we thought we would provide you with some helpful tips to create a video marketing strategy.
- Compose a video marketing mission. Prior to starting your video campaign, you should compose a mission statement. This will help you clearly define the type of videos you will be producing, who you are targeting, and what the key takeaways from the content are.
- Create a topic and video type list. Using your mission statement, brainstorm topics and the types of videos you would like to produce. This is important in determining what types of stories you will be sharing with your audience. Some ideas of video types are webinars, interviews, product explanations, topic walkthroughs, company culture, testimonials, case studies, etc. Creating videos on educational topics will help position your organization as the thought leader and expert in your industry.
- Find resources. When representing your organization, you should aim to create high-quality videos. Hiring a videographer to produce video content for you is not too expensive. It would be better to film in your office to provide a more personalized feel for your target audience.
- Film shorter videos. We live in a multi-tasking world, which means people do not have the time to dedicate to a longer video. Aim to keep your videos short, at least until you can measure the success of the videos and its impact on your target audience.
- Be sure to showcase a call to action. After getting people to watch your videos, the last thing you should do is just leave them with a blank screen at the end of the video. Instead, create a call to action that drives your viewers to related information.
- Determine an analytical strategy. Now that you have figured out what type of video to produce, you should determine how you will measure the success of the campaign. Some key measurements to track are:
- Percentage of people viewing your videos in their entirety
- Click through rates
- How many videos your leads watch per day/week/month
Are you curious about the changing world of social media and search engine optimization? Kraus Marketing specializes in digital marketing, SEO, and social media. We help companies in the tristate area create and implement successful digital marketing campaigns. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.