As a retail marketing agency, we understand that our retail clients need great point of sale systems. While it is important to focus on actually driving in-store and online sales, it is equally as important to analyze the transaction process. Great point of sale systems (POS) can provide crucial information that enables you to track customer behavior. There are so many POS systems available, so we wanted to provide a checklist to help retailers find the right one for them.
- Figure out what you need and want the POS system for. First things first, you need to determine why you need and want the POS system. What are your specific needs for the system to possess? Before speaking with any POS system representative, you should understand your needs to ensure that they are met.
- Basic features every POS system should have. Some basic features that POS systems should typically have are inventory and customer management. Returns and exchanges should also be easy to do within the system. Another thing you should look out for is if the platform is able to integrate with every part of your business. The best thing to do is finding a POS system that automates. If your retail shop frequently hosts pop up events or participates in street fairs, you will want your POS system to accommodate a change in location.
- Important analytical features that should be included in a POS system. In order to be truly successful in business, you should always be tracking your sales. POS systems should possess information regarding sales over time, sales per employee, product reports, and number of orders.
- Review your list of POS systems. Hopefully the bullet points above were able to provide you with some helpful guidelines towards narrowing down POS systems. Once you have a list of about three to five providers, you need to take a deeper look into each. The first thing you will need to do is contact each provider to receive more information.
- Run a trial with your favorite POS system. After you have spoken with your finalists, you should schedule a trial with your favorite POS system provider. Take note of any issues you have during the trial and ask the POS representative. You should be able to make your final decision after testing out your favorite POS systems.
Kraus Marketing specializes in website design, marketing, and branding. Our team of creative professionals can create an updated, responsive website. Our websites are built on content management systems (CMS), such as WordPress and Magento. Contact our team for more information.