Are you a brick-and-mortar store looking to sell retail products online? Magento, an ecommerce web development platform, is the best solution to increase online sales and maximize gross margins online. It is the most popular online retail platform in the world, as more than 250,000 merchants utilize it.
If you want to develop a Magento website, the first thing you will need to do is hire a web developer that has experience with Magento (ahem…Kraus Marketing!). If you want to stay involved in the process, there are a few things we think it would be best if you understand.
- Magento allows for custom themes to be created to add specific functionalities for your business. However, in doing so, you should not touch Magento theme files.
- There are numerous extensions and plug-ins available with Magento. Some are free, and others you have to pay for.
- The Admin Actions Logging section will record actions in the log file in real time. This will help the web developer find and fix any uploading issues during the process.
- If unique codes are applied, you should document them and back it up.
- Magento is built with SEO in mind, take advantage of that to increase your organic traffic.
- As 60% of internet searches are done on a mobile device, your Magento website should be built to be responsive.
- Magento offers a few different options for showcasing pricing. One of which is tier pricing, this can be used to show incentives for bulk purchases. Another is customer group pricing that shows different prices depending on if you are selling to retail or wholesale customers.
- Implement product alerts to help customers know when a new product is stocked.
Do you want your website to be a positive reflection of your business? Kraus Marketing specializes in website design, marketing, and branding. Our team of creative professionals can create an updated, responsive website. Our websites are built on content management systems (CMS), such as WordPress and Magento. Contact our team for more information.