YouTube Marketing: Best Ways to Get Your Videos Noticed
YouTube is one the biggest websites around. Actually, it’s the second most popular website in the world next to Google. People actually use YouTube as a search engine, so it presents a huge opportunity for your business. Because of its popularity, the competition is fierce, and in order for you to be successful, you need to make sure you have the time and tools to upload high quality content on a consistent basis.
Another reason why YouTube is an attractive option is it’s all about videos. Video marketing is at its peak right now and what better way to take advantage of this hot trend than by using YouTube Marketing for your business? Over 300 hours of video content is being uploaded to YouTube every minute, so how can you make the content you post stand out from the rest? How can your videos get the most engagements and views, in turn helping your business increase its brand awareness? How can YouTube marketing drive people to your website or store, and increase revenue? Read on!
Developing a Marketing Strategy for YouTube:
First thing you need to do – plan. YouTube marketing is like using any other social media platform. The first task is to create your strategy. You want to start by defining your goals. What are your priorities when marketing on YouTube? Most business are trying to get more clicks per video, more engagement on their channel (comments on videos, discussions, likes), and see how many users their video reached, or who subscribed to their channel. Of course, you also need resources to measure your growth accurately. Did you reach the number of viewers or subscribers you were originally anticipating? What are certain things you can tweak to hit that number next quarter?
Map Out a Schedule to Post Your Content and Commit to it:
Being consistent is key when using YouTube. In most cases, the more quality content you put out there, the better chance you will have of reaching a wider audience and having more engagement. Most successful YouTube influencers have a strict schedule when they upload videos and they stick to it.
The great thing about YouTube is even if a user hasn’t subscribed to your channel, your videos can still reach them. If your business follows a consistent schedule, they will know and anticipate when you post new content. Make sure when you post videos, you consider how often you can realistically upload content. It doesn’t hurt to try and experiment with different publishing times, finding one that best suites you and your audience.
Types of Marketing Videos on YouTube:
With the copious amount of video content on YouTube, you want to identify the type that will have a positive impact on your business. Here are some examples to get you started.
- Listicles, which is content presented in a form of a list. (Examples: Top 10 Videos, Best Ways to get fit, 5 Easy Recipes for Kids, etc.)
- How to Videos, which are educational videos that will teach the viewer about your product or service.
- Behind the Scenes, because YouTube is a social network, so trying to humanize your brand is a great way to create trust and loyalty between your audience and viewers. Giving a tour of your office or introducing your employees is just some examples of behind the scene content.
- Product Videos, which are videos that showcase your own product or services. You can show highlights or certain features, or even announce new offerings for your business.
- Interview Videos, where you interview experts or influencers talking about your products to help drive traffic to your YouTube channel and ultimately your website or physical store.
Managing Your YouTube Channel:
Engagement is a huge part of YouTube, so it’s important to respond to comments on your videos and start discussions on your channel. Ask questions directed towards your viewers within your videos and in the video’s description. Encourage them to leave comments below. Use the community tab, which is located in your channel’s main page, to post images, GIFs, polls, and some video preview on your next post.
YouTube and Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
Remember, YouTube is a search engine, so optimizing your YouTube channel and videos are important. Here are just a few tips to help viewers see your videos more on YouTube.
- Adjusting your channel’s keywords by using the right tags to help YouTube identify and know what your channel is about
- Adding video tags
- Uploading the right thumbnail image to make your video look more compelling and drive users to click on your content
- Adding a video transcript because if for some reason the viewer can’t listen with volume, they can still access the content through the transcript
Is YouTube the right engine for your business? Yes, for most cases, if you sell products, it’s a great way to showcase and advertise them and all their uses. If you are a business to business company, it’s a great website for expanding your reach and obtaining more leads.
If you are looking to learn more about YouTube marketing and what it can do for your business, contact the professionals at Kraus Marketing. We specialize in integrated digital marketing strategies that include responsive websites, comprehensive branding, social media marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) & PPC (Pay Per Click).