What Are YouTube Shorts and Why Should I Make Them?
Did you know over 500 hours of video content is posted to YouTube every minute? That’s a lot of content, and it’s only going to continue to grow. So, how do you make sure your videos are being seen? One easy way to do so is by creating YouTube Shorts.
Now you may be wondering, what are YouTube Shorts? Well, it’s a budding video experience for artists and creators who want to craft vertical, short-form videos using nothing but their mobile phones. Through YouTube’s integral creation tools, you can capture and edit multiple 15-second video clips while adding animated text and music, plus controlling the speed of your footage.
Viewers of your “Shorts” can like, dislike, comment, share, or subscribe during the video’s duration. You can also track how many views, likes, and comments your video has through your channel’s analytics. Plus, since YouTube Shorts are algorithmically powered and appear in the YouTube homepage feed and search results, your videos have a chance to be seen by more people.
Capture Leads, Generate Sales & Find New Customers
Capturing relevant information about customers, fans, followers, and friends enable us to create more personalized interactions. In turn, we can better understand how to provide the best possible experience for our target audience.
How to Make a YouTube Short
- Download the YouTube App
- Tap the (+) icon found on the bottom of the homepage, then tap “Create a Short”
- Hold or tap the red record button to start recording, and again to stop
- Browse the toolbar on the right side of the screen to add special effects
- Tap the “Add Sound” icon to incorporate an audio track to your Short
- Once you’ve finished recording, tap the checkmark to save
- Tap “Next,” then add details of your Short and select if you want your video to be public, unlisted, or private
- Upload your video and watch the views roll in!
Benefits of YouTube Shorts
Out of all the short-form video platforms like Instagram Stories, TikTok, and Snapchat, why should you create content on YouTube Shorts? Well, it’s actually got plenty in its favor, such as:
A Large Potential Audience
YouTube has about 774.6 million active users on just iPhones and iPads alone! Imagine how many people your content will reach if you decide to use some of your research to make YouTube Shorts content.
Little Setup Needed
There’s actually no need for a desktop or laptop, since all you need is your smartphone!
Your Content is Easily Accessible
Viewers can simply open the app and spot your short on their main page. Give your viewers interesting, digestible content they can consume while on the move.
It’s at Your Convenience
You can create and upload multiple videos all at once with a click of a button. You can automatically add captions, quickly choose color corrections, or parts of a song you want to embed. The best part? Unlike Instagram Stories and Reels, your Shorts don’t disappear from YouTube, which could help you grow long-term audience awareness.
Boosts Your Channel Videos
One of the biggest benefits of YouTube Shorts is its ability to drive traffic to your channel. According to YouTube, audience demand for short form content is here to stay and serves as a great way to reach new audiences and keep them engaged.
Capturing relevant information about customers, fans, followers, and friends enable us to create more personalized interactions.
YouTube Shorts Best Practices
1) Get straight to it! Make the first few seconds of your Short attention-grabbing and unforgettable with an eye-catching thumbnail and engaging intro.
2) Keep it concise and clever. Remember, a Short is not a full-blown video, so certain creative methods don’t apply. Play around with different edits and cuts to keep your viewers coming back.
3) Replays, replays, replays. These mini videos are played on a loop, so think about how your content will come across when it’s played again and again.
4) What’s the value of your video? Is it worth the viewers’ time? What are you trying to get across from your clip? Have all this established when creating your content!
Make Your Mark on YouTube Shorts
Standing out in crowd of millions of people can be challenge, but many have done it, including our clients! Our team at Kraus Marketing will help make each video count. We’ll build your audience, craft unique content, analyze the results, and grow your business. Contact us today to get results on YouTube Shorts and more platforms!