The Differences Between Organic vs. Paid Search
When navigating search engine marketing, or SEM, there are a plethora of acronyms and terms one needs to understand to run a successful campaign. Two of those terms, organic search and paid search, are two crucial terms that you shouldn’t get confused. But when it comes to organic vs. paid search, which method is most profitable for your business?
Let’s start by breaking down what these two terms are:
Organic search refers to the listings that pop up on a search engine results page, or the SERPs, due to a multitude of factors, like the relevance of the search term in question and effective search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. A multitude of tactics are involved to augment your organic search marketing strategy, including making sure your URLs, title tags, meta descriptions, page content, and of course keywords, are highly relevant to your potential customer.
Paid Search is when an advertiser pays to purchase an immediate search ranking on a results page, surpassing the organic search results and other SERP elements such as featured snippets. This can also be called “Pay-Per-Click” or PPC marketing/advertising. This is due to the advertiser only paying when a person clicks on their add and goes to their product or service.
Capture Leads, Generate Sales & Find New Customers
Capturing relevant information about customers, fans, followers, and friends enable us to create more personalized interactions. In turn, we can better understand how to provide the best possible experience for our target audience.
The Benefits of Organic and Paid Search
Fused together, SEO and PPC can grow your leads, amplify your website’s performance, and boost revenue. Numerous advantages of both organic and paid search are as follows:
Organic Search Benefits
- Compounds on its benefits over time: When launching and upholding SEO strategy, you can maximize all the advantages as these benefits compound.
- Attracts relevant potential customers: Organic search can excel your business by helping to reach interested users.
- Supports other marketing channels: Whether it be social, paid, email, video, or any other marketing channel, your efforts will coincide with your organic search initiatives, setting your business up for some impeccable results!
- Establishes credibility, trust, and authority: With high search engine rankings comes a feeling of credibility on the part of searchers, giving your company an image of industry authority and leadership.
- Offers valuable actionable data: Online marketing delivers real-time data to help augment your overall marketing strategy.
Paid Search Benefits
- Immediate launch: In most cases, when your company advertises through paid channels, you can see your results as soon as your ad goes live!
- Instant results: The fast approval time, combined with maximized delivery of your ads, assists in giving businesses the immediate results they’re looking for, whether it be to earn clicks, quote requests, purchases, etc.
- Attracts ready-to-buy users: With PPC, you’ll have access to your select demographic that are looking to take an action quickly.
- Supports other marketing channels: With paid search, your strategy can assist several other channels, including social, organic, email, and more. For instance, you can utilize keyword data to craft novel content for your organic search strategy.
- Offers valuable actionable data: Based on your campaign data, your business can make improvements to your ad strategy; for instance, revising your budget or updating your landing page.
Capturing relevant information about customers, fans, followers, and friends enable us to create more personalized interactions.
Contact Kraus Marketing to Begin Your Campaign
Don’t know where you should start your SEO or PPC campaigns? Kraus Marketing has helped our clients deliver impressive campaigns in both areas, advancing their rankings and boosting lead generation. We have worked with a wide variety of industries and understand what it takes for companies today to stand out in the digital marketplace. Contact us today to start your digital marketing campaign!