Innovative Website Pop-Ups Can Boost Your Conversion
Website pop-ups have a reputation for being a nuisance and generally annoying to any internet user, but if used the right way, pop-ups can actually help your business convert online visitors into customers.
Don’t be hesitant to implement this tactic because of the general perception of pop-ups. Instead of creating flashy messages that scare users away right as the enter a web page, go for the tasteful pop-up design. Appealing website pop-ups can help direct your visitor in the right direction and eventually secure their business.
Here are a few tips on having helpful pop-ups:
- No Entry Pop-Ups: The last thing you want to do to an online visitor is annoy them before they’ve even browsed your website. Give your visitor a chance to explore your website before showing them a product or promotion against their will. Try putting a timer on your pop-up so your visitor sees it after a minute of being on your site. You can even set it to appear once a visitor reaches the bottom of a page, when they may be more inclined to make a purchase.
- Make the Message Useful: Website pop-ups can be used to direct your visitor to another area of the website that could help them. This will increase the time they spend on your website and will help with conversion. However, be careful not to make the pop-up completely unrelated to the page. An irrelevant pop-up may be thought of as annoying and damage the visitor’s experience.
- Use Tailored Messages: If your business covers different areas then your visitors will have different needs. Make sure that each page has a tailored pop-up message that caters to the different groups of people visiting your site. The visitor will feel that they are having a more personal experience and will be more likely to trust your site.
- Find the Right Size: This is especially important when it comes to mobile users. If a pop-up is too large and hard to close, then it will turn away the visitor regardless of how well-made it is. Google has even started to penalize pop-ups that obscure or block content.
- Run A/B Tests: A/B testing is when you run a simultaneous experiment between two or more pages or messages to see which converts the best. From there you can make variants and see which pop-up messages work and which ones need work. Overall this will help grow your conversion.
Following these steps, your business can increase its conversion rates instead of bothering visitors with ineffective website pop-ups. Your bounce rate will also decrease, meaning visitors are spending more time on your website, trying to get to know your company and selecting you for whatever they may need.
If you want to learn more about effective ads and increase web traffic for your website, contact the SEO experts at Kraus Marketing today.