How to Benefit from Personalization in Digital Marketing
Personalization in digital marketing seems to be the norm nowadays. When customers opt-in to sharing data, companies now get a bigger picture of their behavior, interests, likes, and dislikes. Marketers can use this information to run personal campaigns, most commonly through their website and email blasts.
Let’s take a look at some reasons why you want to be personalizing your business tactics.
- 77% of consumers have chosen, recommended, or paid more for a brand that provides a personalized service or experience.
- Setting up personalized emails based on customer activity can increase the open rate by 29% and receive a 41% higher click-through rate.
- 68% of marketers say personalization based on behavioral data has a high impact on ROI.
Now, how exactly can you implement personalization into your marketing campaign? Here are some components you should be collecting and what you can do with them:
- Product viewing history—With so many options out there, people are bound to browse… a lot. Forgotten discoveries are the perfect opportunity to send a reminder of what they have recently viewed, ask if they have purchased the item, and suggest similar products.
- Items left in shopping cart—‘Don’t forget about me!’ Sending an email of items left behind can prompt a person to revisit your site and make the final purchase. You can also offer a bonus discount!
- Blog page visited—When customers are shopping, they often research before making a purchase. Share some similar topics to customers that are reading your blogs and suggested products that go along with it.
- Checkout items—While you can’t quite get the same encounter as those last-minute grabs alongside a checkout line in-store, you can offer a similar experience online when a user gets to their shopping cart. Show items that are frequently purchased together or that complement what’s already in their basket.
Customers love a personalized shopping experience. To promote retention and instill brand loyalty, you need to be implementing these strategies. If you’re looking to get started with personalization in digital marketing, get in touch with Kraus Marketing. Together, we can get to know your customers better and create a collaborative experience for everyone involved.