Why It’s Crucial to Build Your Social Media Presence
Today, one of the most important techniques you can do for your business is to build your social media presence. It’s no secret that social media rules the internet for both personal use and professional use. When it comes down to small or large businesses, almost all of them have some form of social media. In fact, 82 percent of small business owners are using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram to help grow their business.
So, how can building your social media footprint benefit your business?
SOCIAL MEDA = INTERNET VERSION OF ‘WORD-OF-MOUTH’
Word-of-mouth is free marketing that is always great to have, but we all know it can be hard to encourage people to talk about your business. So, social media swoops in with its cape and saves the day! Because of the use of “sharing” on Facebook, “retweeting” on Twitter, tagging and sending on Instagram, and “pinning” on Pinterest, your friends, their friends, and even their friends can see your posts and talk about it.
You really don’t need professionals of any type to tell you that social media is popular; just living in 2019 is constant proof. According to the Pew Research Center, 65 percent of American adults use social networks. As far as statistics for each platform, we referred to Sprout Social: who states the following:
- 97% of social advertisers chose it as their most used and useful social media platform.
- Facebook continues to be the most popular social networking site in terms of number of active users. As of October of 2018, it had a little over 2 billion active users.
- The platform also appeals to social marketers as an advertising platform with 70% of them choosing Facebook ads as the most useful for achieving their goals
- 83% pay for ads on Facebook
- The number of local business pages on Facebook has reached 65 million
- The number of monthly active Instagram users has grown to 1 billion
- IG continues to attract a younger audience with 72% of teens saying they use the platform
- In terms of engagement, IG is ahead of FB with a median engagement rate of 1.73% per post for brands
- 88% of social advertisers use it – making it even more popular than IG
- There are currently 326 million monthly active users
- Twitter users send out 500 million tweets per day
- LinkedIn now has 590 million users with 260 million of them being active on a monthly basis
- LinkedIn performs 277% better than FB and Twitter when it comes to generating visitor-to-lead conversions
- 80% of social media B2B leads come from LinkedIn
- 89% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn in their digital marketing mix
SOCIAL MEDIA IS COST-EFFECTIVE
Social media allows you to take advantage of the low-cost advertising features to promote your content and special offers. Most social media advertising is cheaper than your traditional advertising techniques, so you won’t have to spend a lot of money to reach a good amount of people while increasing your audience and growing your business.
SOCIAL MEDIA ENCOURAGES CONVERSATION
As opposed to your monthly newsletter, social media encourages your clients, customers, and followers to engage in conversation either with your business or each other. If you create an engaging post on Facebook, you’re bound to encourage many to “react” with a “like,” a “heart,” or a comment! This allows your audience to connect as well as give insight on their preferences.
SOCIAL MEDIA HAS ENDLESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS
One of the best ways to build your social media presence is by sharing all the information you can about your business. Aside from your weekly posts and stories, filling out your “about me” section on your platform allows potential customers to learn more about your brand. Also, if you have a blog page on your website, make sure to share that content on all social platforms.
If you’re not in the social media loop yet, we suggest you get started. These facts prove why you need to build your social media presence and continue to actively use it. If you have any questions about the social media process, contact the experts at Kraus Marketing!